System Doesn't Boot Part 2

Mark Olbert molbert at iterobiopharm.com
Sat Jan 26 17:01:51 PST 2008

Ken,

Here's what I get when I look at LFS' /dev/console and /dev/null from within slackware:

crw------        1    root    root    5,1    2005-01-05    21:12 console
crw-rw-rw     1    root   root    1,3    2005-01-05    21:12 null

Here's what I get from within the LFS udev script upon boot, just prior to the device nodes being populated:

crw------        1    root    root    5,1       Jan 27    00:42    /dev/console
crw-rw-rw     1    root   root    1,3   Jan 6 2005    21:12 null

- Mark