System Doesn't Boot Part 2

Mark Olbert molbert at iterobiopharm.com
Sat Jan 26 15:08:18 PST 2008

Some additional info:

I checked the logs after the last failed/hanging boot, and the system log shows most, if not all, of the shell scripts executing (I can tell by the messages they log).

But I never get a login prompt on the screen, and it looks like the system hangs.

I did notice one oddity in the log file, however. init complains about not being able to open /dev/console. Why that should be I don't know, as I never deleted it. The log also contains messages about init (or some process related to it) spawning too fast, etc.

- Mark