LFS 6.2 6.6. Creating Essential Files and Symlinks

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 16:06:17 PST 2008

I am working on a scripting build system to build LFS 6.3 from a subversion
repository.

I have successfully built all the chapters up to the end of 5.

I am starting on Chapter 6.

From Chapter 6.6. Creating Essential Files and Symlinks

To remove the “I have no name!” prompt, start a new shell. Since a full Glibc
was installed in Chapter 5 and the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files have been
created, user name and group name resolution will now work:

exec /tools/bin/bash --login +h

I believe that if I skip that it will not cause any trouble.

Am I correct?

Thanks