Problem to build grub

Carsten Feuls Carsten.Feuls at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 03:53:15 PST 2008

I have some probleme to build grub on a AMD 64 System
I have downloaded the 64 Bit Live CD
Then I have build the " Builing the LFS System" through grub then I have fund
out that no grub Packages are on the LIve cd and grub is missing into the
HTML Book.
I have now downloaded the  grub packages from
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-0.97.tar.gz
and the disk_geometry patch
but i cant run the ./configure --prefix=/usr
then i get this error

checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.c

What can I do to fix this?
Thank you for helping!