amd64-build problems//now problem with TCL

blux.net at lineone.net blux.net at lineone.net
Sat Jan 5 12:11:23 PST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 06:20:06PM +0100, blux.net at lineone.net wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am experiencing some difficulty with a build for an amd64. Both
> target and host are amd64-based.  The    attached file shows the
> problem.  I am using LFS svn book   a  week or so old. ( I have
built
> a  few LFS 32 bit setups  before)   Help  would be  appreciated.
>

> blux

 I can't quote from your attachment because mutt doesn't open it
inline (for some attachments it does, but never for octet streams).
What seems to be happening is that you give the grep command with an
unpaired quote, and get no output except for the continuation prompt
'>'.

ĸen

thanks for the help. It was an oversight and the toolchain sanity
tests  now is positive.  I however now have another problem with the
installation of tcl which follows the toolchain test.  tcl compiles Ok
but will not install. I have cut and paste the output below.

gcc -shared -O2  -pipe  -DTCL_DBGX=   -Wl,--export-dynamic -o libtcl8.
4.so regcomp.o regexec.o regfree.o regerror.o tclAlloc.o tclAsync.o
tclBasic.o tclBinary.o tclCkalloc.o tclClock.o tclCmdAH.o tclCmdIL.o
tclCmdMZ.o tclCompCmds.o tclCompExpr.o tclCompile.o tclDate.o
tclEncoding.o tclEnv.o tclEvent.o tclExecute.o tclFCmd.o tclFileName.o
tclGet.o tclHash.o tclHistory.o tclIndexObj.o tclInterp.o tclIO.o
tclIOCmd.o tclIOGT.o tclIOSock.o tclIOUtil.o tclLink.o tclListObj.o
tclLiteral.o tclLoad.o tclMain.o tclNamesp.o tclNotify.o tclObj.o
tclPanic.o tclParse.o tclParseExpr.o tclPipe.o tclPkg.o tclPosixStr.o
tclPreserve.o tclProc.o tclRegexp.o tclResolve.o tclResult.o tclScan.o
tclStringObj.o tclThread.o tclThreadAlloc.o tclThreadJoin.o tclStubInit.
o tclStubLib.o tclTimer.o tclUtf.o tclUtil.o tclVar.o tclUnixChan.o
tclUnixEvent.o tclUnixFCmd.o tclUnixFile.o tclUnixPipe.o tclUnixSock.o
tclUnixTime.o tclUnixInit.o tclUnixThrd.o tclUnixCompat.o tclUnixNotfy.
o memcmp.o strstr.o strtoul.o strtod.o fixstrtod.o tclLoadDl.o   -ldl  -
lieee -lm   -Wl,-rpath,/tools/lib
fixstrtod.o: In function `fixstrtod':
fixstrtod.c:(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `fixstrtod'
strtod.o:strtod.c:(.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libtcl8.4.so] Error 1
Installing private header files
`/tools/bin/tclsh' -> `tclsh8.4'