Udev - device population error during boot

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 28 07:16:44 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:08:10AM +0200, Mikołaj D1SoveR Banasik wrote:
> OK, after a while of searching and researching on my own I found a
> source of a problem - it was one of the patches in 2.6.27-rc1 upgrade.
> After downgrading from 2.6.27-rc1-mm1 to stable 2.6.26, udev is not
> having problems mounting devices in /sys anymore. Sorry for bothering
> you without checking it myself first though and thank you for your
> help.
>
> With best regards
> Mikołaj "D1SoveR" Banasik

 Umm, you do know that -mm patches are on the bleeding edge of
kernel development (and usually only used by the very brave) ?

 The plain -rc patches are what might be in the next released kernel
(but, they still may have major issues).  FWIW, I've got 2.6.27-rc4
running on a completed LFS-6.3 without any obvious issues.

ĸen