Glibc cannot find -lstdc++

Randy McMurchy lfs.user at mcmurchy.com
Wed Aug 27 07:28:49 PDT 2008

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wrote:
> Your first email described you as a UNIX administrator.
> Everyone has a few problems, but this is turning out to
> us administrating your whole LFS build through Chapter 5.
> This is something I see all the time in the #lfs-support channel.
> I and a few others watching this thread have decided that we
> don't want you administrating our machines. Please, all these
> elementary question take elsewhere. This is a waste of time.
> It is especially worse since most of the issues are already
> documented in the book. I suggest you reading it twice or more
> before continuing. Surely you are missing some important
> facets.

Sorry to quote the entire message, but I felt it was worth
repeating. I feel the same way. If he didn't describe himself
as a Unix Administrator (http://www.linuxbug.org/), I would
feel a bit of compassion perhaps. But any admin shouldn't be
struggling with these elementary aspects of an LFS build.

--
Randy