Confusion re: separate gcc-build directory

cda at electricbrook.net cda at electricbrook.net
Tue Aug 26 18:36:25 PDT 2008

I am using the html version of Linux From Scratch Version 6.3.

I have completed all steps up to and including application of the specs
patch in section "5.11. GCC-4.1.2 - Pass 2, 5.11.1. Re-installation of
GCC".

HOWEVER, the following instructions have me confused:

>> Create a separate build directory again:
>>
>> mkdir -v ../gcc-build
>> cd ../gcc-build

What is the meaning of create "AGAIN"?  The separate "gcc-build" directory
I created in section "5.4. GCC-4.1.2 - Pass 1" still exists and is still
populated with files and directories.  Am I supposed to delete the
contents and start over with an empty "gcc-build" directory in the same
location?

Please help.  I don't want to make a mistake after coming this far.

Thanks.