Glibc cannot find -lstdc++

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 26 17:31:55 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 08:10:05PM -0400, satish patel wrote:
> Chapter 5
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/gcc-pass2.html
>
> When I am doing gcc pass 2 check I got error when I make -k check

 I refer you to my previous reply - don't run the tests in chapter
5.  For the future, note that your post was not helpful: none of the
error(s), nor the summary, were shown.  When you run a testsuite,
you need to capture the output (both stdout and stderr) in a file so
that _you_ can look at the detail and if necessary quote it.

 Please re-read
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter04/abouttestsuites.html

 When you get to chapter 6, feel free to run the tests, and to
compare them to the results in the link on that page.

 Since it pains me to trim the old text you replied to (and
nobody needs the loss of bandwidth), this is probably my last reply
to you.

ĸen