Cross-compiling ?

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Sat Aug 23 18:30:16 PDT 2008

Le Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:56:00 -0300 "Valter Douglas Lisbôa Jr."
<douglas at trenix.com.br> a écrit :

> Em Friday 22 August 2008 14:13:36 Nicolas FRANCOIS escreveu:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have an old Celeron 500MHz on witch it is practically impossible to
> > build a base LFS. On my new DualCore, it is a question of a few hours.
> >
> > So I was wondering : is it possible to build the system on my DC, and
> > then transfer it on the other computer ?
> >
> See the CLFS project on linuxfromscratch site.

OK. I tried it, but I would like a little confirmation (I'm sure this is
not the right list to post, sorry for the noise) : I make every operation
on a partition on my fast computer, and at the end I will move everything
on the slow one. Is that it ? And If I understood things well, I have to
take the "chroot" way for this ?

Sorry again for the misplaced question :-( I will only install this once,
so I don't feel like subscribing to the clfs list. Please accept my
apologize if you think it's rude :-(

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|