Boot problem

Marius Meinert mariusmeinert at monroebrothers.org
Sun Aug 10 02:32:41 PDT 2008

Hi,
UUIDs may be a solution. These are persistent IDs given to a partition.
They are different for every partition and therefore can identify all
your partitions uniquely.
A good explanation of UUIDs is in the Archlinux-Wiki:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners_Guide#.2Fetc.2Ffstab
This command should list all you partitions and their UUID:
ls -lF /dev/disk/by-uuid/
Now you just write an /etc/fstab and menu.lst that contain the UUIDs
instead of /dev/sdX.
Marius