Dual Core

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Wed Apr 30 05:09:04 PDT 2008

Hi.

I just bought a DualCore, and a friend of mine told me I should build a
64bits system. Is there any point in this ? I noticed while installing a
base Debian (to start building LFS ;-) that the chosen kernel was the
AMD64 flavor. Is this normal ? And what options should I enable in the
kernel that are specific to this processor ?

Thanks for any tips or links.

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|