stubs-32.h missing

J. Greenlees lists at jaqui-greenlees.net
Mon Apr 7 05:00:11 PDT 2008

Michael Kearns wrote:
> J. Greenlees wrote:
>
>> Michael Kearns wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Having decided to have another go at LFS (been through the process a
>>> couple of times before, a few years back), I grabbed the 6.3 (amd64)
>>> LiveCD, and followed the latest development book.
>>>

>> It's usually recommended to use CLFS for building 64 bit right now.
>> since:
>> /Adding capabilty for x86_64 hosts is a major objective of the upcoming
>> LFS 7.0 currently under development./
>>

> Hi Jaqui,
>
> Thanks for that. I had just assumed the 64-bit would be handled under
> the basic LFS, as there is a seperate LiveCD. I'll restart and give it a
> go following the CLFS book - can I still use the same LiveCD ?

Yup, you can use the same livecd, or any installed distro or other
livecd where you have cross compiling tools to build the base tools with.
>>> I downloaded all of the latest tool sources and patches (would be great
>>> to have a txt file on those pages, containing all of the URLs, to use
>>> with wget -i ), and followed through the book (which doesn't mention how
>>> to unpack the sources, not that it's very difficult, but...)
>>>

>> This functionality is in the scripted install in jalfs. :)
>>

> I'd avoided any automation, as it's been a while since my last rebuild
> and so I wanted to ensure I was very much hands on with every aspect. I
> did find that I could get the list from a copy-paste using the browser
> page-info->links dialog though ;)

I personally always build hands on, I'll try different conf options, or
even different packages [ like the init-ng instead of sysvinit ] so the
automation isn't really an option for me.

I'll start reading up.

I always read the book(s) before starting a build, it save me most
issues when actually building. :)