stubs-32.h missing

J. Greenlees lists at jaqui-greenlees.net
Mon Apr 7 02:19:56 PDT 2008

Michael Kearns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having decided to have another go at LFS (been through the process a
> couple of times before, a few years back), I grabbed the 6.3 (amd64)
> LiveCD, and followed the latest development book.

It's usually recommended to use CLFS for building 64 bit right now.
since:
/Adding capabilty for x86_64 hosts is a major objective of the upcoming
LFS 7.0 currently under development./

> I downloaded all of the latest tool sources and patches (would be great
> to have a txt file on those pages, containing all of the URLs, to use
> with wget -i ), and followed through the book (which doesn't mention how
> to unpack the sources, not that it's very difficult, but...)

This functionality is in the scripted install in jalfs. :)

> On the first pass of building the toolchain, binutils worked fine, but
> on coming to build gcc it complains at the first compilation that it
> can't find stubs-32.h - I checked, and sure enough it's not there.
>
> Not knowing enough about how the 32/64 bit stuff is handled, what could
> I have done wrong, and is this something that needs changing ?

/There are quite a few differences in building 32 bit and 64 bit, CLFS
has this covered more than LFS does at this time.

Jaqui
/