stubs-32.h missing

Michael Kearns michael.kearns at saaconsultants.com
Mon Apr 7 00:52:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

Having decided to have another go at LFS (been through the process a
couple of times before, a few years back), I grabbed the 6.3 (amd64)
LiveCD, and followed the latest development book.

I downloaded all of the latest tool sources and patches (would be great
to have a txt file on those pages, containing all of the URLs, to use
with wget -i ), and followed through the book (which doesn't mention how
to unpack the sources, not that it's very difficult, but...)

On the first pass of building the toolchain, binutils worked fine, but
on coming to build gcc it complains at the first compilation that it
can't find stubs-32.h - I checked, and sure enough it's not there.

Not knowing enough about how the 32/64 bit stuff is handled, what could
I have done wrong, and is this something that needs changing ?

Many thanks for any help.

Michael.