VMWare Network Interface driver needed.

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Wed Apr 2 13:30:56 PDT 2008

Bless you, Phill!

That's a big BINGO!

I'd edited my udev rules and put in the VMWare mac, and never looked back.

UDEV now contains:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTRS{address}="00:0C:29:A3:BB:CD",
NAME="eth0"
SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTRS{address}="00:0c:29:a3:bb:cd",
NAME="eth1"

ifconfig eth1 up works a treat!

I'll correct the case of the rule and be golden.

Dan Barker