VMWare Network Interface driver needed.

Loren Foret lforet060986 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:36:57 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: lfs-support-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:lfs-support-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of Dan Barker
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:03 AM
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: VMWare Network Interface driver needed.

I've moved my [working] LFS 6.3 from real SATA to VMWARE (Server 1.0.4)
SCSI.
I added the BusLogic SCSI support in the kernel and it boots fine.

However, it can't find eth0.

lspci says: "Ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970
[PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 10)".

I've enabled all AMD<anything> I can find in the kernel, and no joy. Anyone
know how to see the VMWare virtualized NIC?

The LFS-Live CD sees it fine.

Dan Barker