Glibc test failures

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:55:39 PDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Clint Eaker <ceaker at mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 19:20 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > Could you show the error from one of them? Can't say I'll be much
> > help, but it would be interesting to see them. FWIW, these errors have
>
> > happened to people in the glibc-2.5.x line, but I can't recall the
> > source of the problem.
>
> Since I'm not sure which one would be most helpful and they aren't
> especially large, I've attached all six.  I'm still a few versions back
> from glibc-2.5.x (see below).

Thanks for those. I was actually referring to building glibc-2.5.x.
Hopefully, your host's glibc shouldn't be affecting things by that
point.

> Linux version 2.6.18-5-686 (Debian 2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch2)
> (dannf at debian.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian
> 4.1.1-21)) #1 SMP Thu Aug 30 02:19:07 UTC 2007

A little Google on "glibc cleanup handler not called for 'read'" got
me what I wanted.

http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2007-01/msg00004.html

Apparently, enabling CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO on linux-2.6.18 causes a lot
of failures for glibc's testsuite. Can you check if your kernel has
that set? If so, then we know the problem. Then, you can either assume
that the failures are just due to the environment and continue (safe,
IMO). Or, you can build a new kernel for Etch with CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO
off and try running the glibc tests again.

Of course, if the issue isn't CONFIG_COMPAT_VDSO, then there's some
more digging.

--
Dan