Glibc test failures

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 19:20:08 PDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Clint Eaker <ceaker at mindspring.com> wrote:

> root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
> make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancel24.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx4.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx5.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx16.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx20.out] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx21.out] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2
> make: *** [check] Error 2
> root:/sources/glibc-build#
>
> I can send the .out files as attachments if it will be helpful, but
> basically it looks like the errors are related to cleanup handlers not
> being called and I am clueless regarding where to go from here.

Could you show the error from one of them? Can't say I'll be much
help, but it would be interesting to see them. FWIW, these errors have
happened to people in the glibc-2.5.x line, but I can't recall the
source of the problem.

> The temp toolchain was built using a Debian Etch standard install.  I
> ran none of the tests during the temp toolchain build as suggested by
> the LFS version 6.3.  All the host system requirements were met,
> including using versions that didn't exceed the recommended version
> where indicated.  I'm trying to install on a Compaq PIII system.  I can
> get more system details later when I get home from work if needed.

I've built LFS on a PIII a bunch of times, so my initial reaction
would be that's not a problem. What kernel is running on your Etch
system? What toolchain versions (glibc, gcc, binutils)?

--
Dan