Glibc test failures

Clint Eaker ceaker at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 25 18:48:33 PDT 2007

I'm working on building my first LFS system using version 6.3 and I keep
running into test errors on the final glibc build (step 6.9).  I've
searched the FAQ and archives and can't find anything that appears
similar.  The errors I'm getting are:

root:/sources/glibc-build# grep Error glibc-check-log
make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancel24.out] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx4.out] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx5.out] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx16.out] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx20.out] Error 1
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancelx21.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2
root:/sources/glibc-build#

I can send the .out files as attachments if it will be helpful, but
basically it looks like the errors are related to cleanup handlers not
being called and I am clueless regarding where to go from here.

The temp toolchain was built using a Debian Etch standard install.  I
ran none of the tests during the temp toolchain build as suggested by
the LFS version 6.3.  All the host system requirements were met,
including using versions that didn't exceed the recommended version
where indicated.  I'm trying to install on a Compaq PIII system.  I can
get more system details later when I get home from work if needed.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on where I'm likely to have gone wrong
to get these test errors from the glibc build?

Thanks,
Clint