glibc install error

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:26:01 PDT 2007

On 9/25/07, reeve.r at tiscali.co.uk <reeve.r at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help with the following error obtained following make
> install of glibc-2.3.6 Chapter 6 of LFS version 6.2
>
> CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl scripts/test-installation.pl /sources/glibc-
> build/
> gcc: _L/usr/lib: No such file or directory
> Execution of gcc failed!

It looks like the you had a typo in the sed command that we use to fix
up test-installation.pl. It's trying to execute with "_L/usr/lib", but
the command in the book says to add "-L/usr/lib":

sed -i \
's|libs -o|libs -L/usr/lib -Wl,-dynamic-linker=/lib/ld-linux.so.2 -o|' \
        scripts/test-installation.pl

You'll have to fix up that script to work correctly. Probably the
following command from the glibc-2.3.6 directory will do the right
thing:

sed -i 's/_L/-L/g' scripts/test-installation.pl

I'm curious, why not use the recently released LFS-6.3 version?

--
Dan