Adjusting the toolchain: specs file

Richard Caldwell rcaldwellie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 09:58:02 PDT 2007

Hi,
    I'm using lfs6.3 livecd an in section 5.7 Adjusting the toolchain, the 'gcc -dumpspecs .............' command doesn't appear to run properly. I've tried finding the "specs" file to verify that its been edited correctly but I can't find it.
From other posts I think the specs file should be found at
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/
but theres no file called specs at that location? I've also tried find on both the host an $LFS but not found it? Everything seemed to work ok up to this point but there seems to be something wrong?
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Richard