Remotely building LFS

Richard Caldwell rcaldwellie at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 19:17:09 PDT 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 19:51, Richard Caldwell wrote:
> is it possible to login remotely via network and build LFS? It
> looks to me like it should be possible up until section 6.4 'entering
> chroot'. Have I got this completely wrong?
I think as long as you have root access (or perhaps, enough privilages)
to whatever machine you are building on, you should be fine, even
remotely.

> I would like to telnet in
> but telnet doesn't seem to be on the LiveCD(I'm using 6.3).
An option may be to use ssh and scp.

> Is there
> a way of doing this using the packages available on the LiveCD?
6.2-5 includes telnet and ssh

Trent.

Hi Trent, I think ssh is on my CD. I'll be able to use that.
Just have to figure out how to use it!
Thanks

Richard