Verifying output of experimental PM

Walter Barnes walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 21:57:37 PDT 2007

Hello,

I've successfully built LFS 6.2 "by the book" and I'm now working on 6.3 with the inclusion of a package manager I'm creating based on the Trip Package Manager by Pierre Hebert.

My question is, how can I verify the output of my PM?

I've created binutils in $LFS/tools using my PM then tar'ed it and cleaned tools before building binutils by hand using the instructions in the book. I've tried a somewhat ham-fisted (and possibly niave) comparison by simply checking md5 sums. None of the binaries matched.

At this point I don't know if my PM failed in some way or if I'm comparing the files wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Walter