6.28. Bash-3.2 and exec /bin/bash --login +h

Trent Shea tjshea at telus.net
Sun Sep 2 09:00:37 PDT 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007 08:45, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> It depends what you do with your script and if you keep some kind of
> progress marker so that the newly invoked script knows where to pick
> up.
That's going to be the tricky part. The only ideas I've had so far are:

1. Somehow pause the script, pass control of it to the new shell
(fiddling around with the PID and PPID), and resume the script in the
new bash. I have a feeling that this may seem sensible to me now, but
the reality is going to be anything but.

Or,
2. As you said, some kind of marker to begin execution at the proper
point when the script is re-invoked; also fun.

Trent.