6.28. Bash-3.2 and exec /bin/bash --login +h

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 07:00:30 PDT 2007

On 9/1/07, Trent Shea <tjshea at telus.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any problems that could creep in if I
> skip "exec /bin/bash --login +h" and continuing to use the bash built
> in chapter 5 until I'm done chapter 6? I ask because I have no idea how
> to pass control of a running script to the new shell; way out of my
> league...

That's fine. I use the temp bash all the time to do the final build.
If you trust it to build glibc, you can probably trust it to build
everything. If you wanted to try to switch things midway in a script,
you'd have to pass it the input arguments again. But it's really not
necessary unless you've actually run into a problem where the temp
bash isn't working.

--
Dan