18 hours and counting

paul.rogers at juno.com paul.rogers at juno.com
Sat Sep 1 09:23:39 PDT 2007

>> Dell inspiron 3000, a pentium-mmx @266 MHz (i586-linux-gnu)
>> ram 128 MB ( system reports 144 MB from onboard cache ram for bios
...8<...
>This old pentium one gives me an SBU of 38 minutes and 44 seconds.

I thought Intel's MMX-266 was just a mobile CPU.  My 64MB MMX-233 has an SBU about 25min.  I have my share of hours-long compiles!  Xorg-6.8.2 is around 6hrs, Firefox 6.5hrs, kdelibs 8hrs, kdebase 9.5hrs.  I just start them before I go to bed, and let it work while I sleep.

Paul Rogers  (paul.rogers at juno.com)
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/