Detecting BIOS locales | Is it possible?

Charles Turner lookatmymanbreasts at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:34:47 PST 2007

I am wanting to make a very lean system, that's main role in life is
to run gcompris. Now, it's all running of a LiveCD.

My question is this, is it possible for syslinux to detect the current
locale from the BIOS? Reason being I would like to have gcompris adapt
to English and Spanish locales with no interaction on the users behalf
(the users are most likely going to be very young)

Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing this? I have
searched the SYSLINUX archives thoroughly, not finding any answers as
well searching Google, which lead me to some articles but, no answers.

To put this into context a little better, I would like it to behave
almost like Apache does with it index.html.es, .de, .fr, etc.. I'm
assuming it has such functionality because it can detect the currently
set system locale, I don't know wheter a LiveCD could do this without
interaction.

Apologies if this is irrelevant to the mailing list, the distribution
is going to based around LFS, however.
Any different slants on this idea would also be welcome, I'm not
fixated with syslinux! Just the only way *I* can think of going about
my problem.

Never mistake motion for action...

Charles Turner.