lfs book Chapter 5.14

martin welsh martin at mhwelsh.force9.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 07:47:17 PST 2007

martin welsh wrote:

> > The resonse to the 'make' instruction is;
> >
> > "lfs at linux:/lfs/sources/bash-3.2$ make
> > yacc -d ./parse.y
> > make: yacc: Command not found
> > make: *** [y.tab.c] Error 127
> > lfs at linux:/lfs/sources/bash-3.2$  "

This one comes up fairly often, but I just checked the FAQ and
surprisingly it wasn't mentioned (or I missed it).

IIRC, you need Bison and probably the associated development package too
- depending on your host. Have you checked your host meets the necessary
requirements? here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/prologue/hostreqs.html

HTH

Alan

Apologies for the delay.

Rounding up the bison and putting them in the machine cured it.
I do not know how I missed its absence but I have changed computers as the first time I found the computer too slow.

Thank you for your prompt help.

martin