Device Driver

Rajeev Bansal rajeevb at intoto.com
Thu Nov 15 02:31:02 PST 2007

Hi All,

I am not sure that this is a right forum to ask such question but
someone suggested me so I am asking my problem here.

Actually I am trying to build a customary Linux distribution with 2.6.20
Kernel, I am using the Busybox 1.7.0 in my root file system. So far
everything is fine I am able to boot the Kernel getting the shell
prompt. But I am not able to identify the connected hardware devices to
my system like Ethernet card etc. So my question is, is there any way to
figure out the common devices and load it driver by itself at the bootup
time.

Someone suggested me to use the diethotplog but I don't know how to use
that. I have downloaded the diethotplug 0.4 and compiled that
successfully for my Kernel but how can I run the hotplug binary. Does
diethotplug reads some configuration file?

I am not seeking the help on diethotplug, I am looking for a solution to
my primary problem, so to make it work I can use anything.

Thanks
Rajeev Bansal.

This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
Thank you.

Intoto Inc.