Got so far :-(

Walter Barnes walter_barnes05 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 16:24:15 PST 2007

From: John Whitmore <johnfwhitmore at gmail.com>
>checking for autoconf... no
>configure: WARNING:
>*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: autoconf
>*** some features will be disabled.
>*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

autoconf is used by the developers to generate the configure script itself. You can ignore this warning.

>I don't have any errors produced in the "make" but I do have a few
>errors in the "make -k check":
>
>make[2]: [/source/glibc/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
>
>Didn't expect signal from child: got `Aborted'
>make[2]: *** [/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancel1.out] Error 1
>
>make[2]: Target `tests' not remade because of errors.
>rm /source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelcond.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-pthread-pi-defines.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-unwindbuf.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelrwlock.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelbarrier.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-pthread-errnos.c
>/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelrobustlock.c
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/source/glibc/glibc-2.5.1/nptl'
>make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2

The annexc test is expected to fail and can be ignored. As for the others.... are you using a Debian based host by any chance? nptl tests are known to fail on Debian based systems so if you are you can ignore these too.

Does running "make install" generate any errors? If not and there are no other issues than everything looks fine and you can continue.

Good luck! :-)

Walter