Got so far :-(

John Whitmore johnfwhitmore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 04:54:57 PST 2007

Right all my problem occurs at chapter 6 installing Glibc I've had a
look at a trace from the configure stage of the operation and there is
a line in it:

checking for autoconf... no
configure: WARNING:
*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: autoconf
*** some features will be disabled.
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

Is this a problem? I don't think it was mentioned in Chapter 5

I don't have any errors produced in the "make" but I do have a few
errors in the "make -k check":

make[2]: [/source/glibc/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)

Didn't expect signal from child: got `Aborted'
make[2]: *** [/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/tst-cancel1.out] Error 1

make[2]: Target `tests' not remade because of errors.
rm /source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelcond.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-pthread-pi-defines.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-unwindbuf.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelrwlock.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelbarrier.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-pthread-errnos.c
/source/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/test-as-const-lowlevelrobustlock.c
make[2]: Leaving directory `/source/glibc/glibc-2.5.1/nptl'
make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2

make[1]: Target `check' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/source/glibc/glibc-2.5.1'
make: *** [check] Error 2

Which ever the problem is the glibc will not install?