mounts

Richard Caldwell rcaldwellie at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 23:29:20 PST 2007

Hi,
    I'm building using liveCD6.3 and I'm currently on section '6.14 Sed-4.1.5' .I've been loggin in using openssh and building remotely(without rebooting). Each time I log in I need to run "export LFS=/mnt/lfs, mkdir -pv $LFS" and then enter the chroot environment again. I've just run the mount command and got the following results:

/dev/mapper/lfs-cd on / type ext2 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /mnt/lfs type ext3 (rw)
proc on /mnt/lfs/proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /mnt/lfs/sys type sysfs (rw)
shm on /mnt/lfs/dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)

In section 6.2.2 and 6.2.3 the following commands were run:
mount -v --bind /dev $LFS/dev
mount -vt devpts devpts $LFS/dev/pts
mount -vt tmpfs shm $LFS/dev/shm
mount -vt proc proc $LFS/proc
mount -vt sysfs sysfs $LFS/sys

Do my mounts look OK? It appears to me that devpts should be mounted on /mnt/lfs/dev/pts but instead its mounted on /dev/pts.
Do the other mounts look OK? /dev doesn't look quite right to me either but I'm not sure?

Thanks

Richard