can't do su-

alberto hernando pajaro.go at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 05:34:30 PDT 2007

Hi.

I've started to build another lfs, svn version. It's not my first time. But
now I'm facing a weird problem. At the very beggining of the process, when I
have to
su - lfs

I can't! It can't change to that directory. I don't know what's going on.
There must something with the host system, debian stable. I've reinstalled
coreutils, libc and login with no change. Even if I create a different user
with useradd, adduser, or just editiong /etc/passwd, I can't "su -"  to any
newer user. Of course, the book is right, because I've tried it in another
debian stable box and it works fine. Any hint of what can be going on?

Thanks