Headers problems

Tijnema tijnema at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:22:11 PDT 2007

On 6/17/07, Wit <WitlessIdiot at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> ANIRUDH VIJ wrote:
> > """"""""
> > Unless you know the circuit type (LC, RC, ...), its expected input and
> > output, you are risking havoc by changing the value of *any* of the
> > components in the circuit. IIRC, by changing the the capacitor to a
> > higher voltage rating, you have altered (possibly) at least two things
> > (assuming the circuit is more than a simple power conditioning circuit)
> > that may be critical.
> > """""
> > The critical thing here is "value of component",not the voltage rating.I completely agree that
> > changing the capacitors's value from 2200uf to something else may have caused havoc,but
> > increasiing its voltage rating can only be a good thing.It only means that the chances of a capacitor
> > exploding are lesser :)
> > If i correctly understood the previous post,the voltage rating increased while the value remained the
> > same,so the capacitor itself should not be the source of the problem.
> >
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for that Anirudh. I hope it saves him some unneeded work. Based
> on your sig below, might you have some other useful suggestions for him?
> As I said, I really don't know a lot about this stuff.

Yes, saves some time.. :) But I still think I'm gonna replace it,
doesn't seem too good that it's that hot ...Do you have any
explanation for it anirudh?

Also, I heard that it doesn't matter if one capacitor fails on a
motherboard, because there are enough to keep the system running. Is
that true?

Tijnema