6.25 installing autoconf

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:26:16 PDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Philippe Delavalade <philippe.delavalade at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Many thanks for answers but how can I remove perl ? I presume it is not
> right to just reinstall it.
>
> I tried
> make uninstall
> but there is no rule :-)

I'll save you my rant on perl for now. Since there should no other
files in /usr/local right now, you can just remove the /usr/local
directory then recreate it as explained at the beginning of Ch. 6.

> When installing perl I pass the right prefix but may be I did a mistake
> when running the interractive configure script :-(

Yes, that's the issue. If you want to use the interactive script, run
the ./configure.gnu command first. This will set the LFS defaults,
like the prefix. Then you can run the interactive script and change
anything that doesn't look good to you. Keep in mind that the LFS
editors only test with the setup in the book, so if you change
something, you're on your own.

--
Dan