6.25 installing autoconf

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:11:53 PDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas <a.hatzim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, at 06:38 Philippe Delavalade wrote:
> > The command
> > find -name 'Glob.pm'
> > from $LFS answers
> > ./usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux/File/Glob.pm
>
> It should be in /usr/lib according with the prefix that is in the book.
> Look again your perl installation.

Right. I imagine that you didn't pass --prefix=/usr correctly when
building perl. It also has a nasty habit of remembering old settings
even if you correct them later. So, you'll have to go back to 6.22,
remove the old perl source tree if you haven't already, and rebuild it
with --prefix=/usr. You can then return to the autoconf page.

--
Dan