Headers problems

Wit WitlessIdiot at triad.rr.com
Sat Jun 9 12:54:54 PDT 2007

Tijnema wrote:
> On 6/9/07, Wit <WitlessIdiot at triad.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Tijnema wrote:

> Thermal paste must be dryed out, but that doesn't mean it should reset
> automatically...
> I remember the time when I bought this motherboard, it was a quite
> useless motherboard because there are quite a lot condensators very
> close to the CPU cooling block, which makes it very hard to place the
> CPU cooling block. When it's on, it actually pushes to the
> condensators next to it. really worse situation, but it's te only way
> i can get the cooling block on. Also, the cooling block is not
> symetric, it makes sense how it's placed (differs ~ 20 degrees C),
> I've took the block off a few times, so I might turned it back on last
> time, but when the cooling block is on, I can actually touch the CPU
> itself a little bit, and it doesn't feel too hot...

I just realized what you said here. What you can touch at this point is
*not* the CPU at all. It is essentially the carrier. The CPU is the
little raised portion in the center of the "carrier". It is the only
part that will normally get very hot. The outer edges of the whole
assembly will normally see very little heat, relative to what the core sees.

--
Wit