Chapter 6.9 - Glibc Make Install Errors

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 8 15:19:48 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 02:17:21PM -0600, Jonathan Haws wrote:

> I decided to continue when I read about not worrying about nptl, so the next step is to run:
>
> make install
>
> When this is run, it fails at the end with these messages:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory '/build/gclibc-2.3.6/manual'
> pwd='pwd'; \
> no libm-err-tab.pl $pwd/.. > lib-err-tmp
> /bin/sh: no: command not found <<-----------------I believe the problem is here!

 Any time something tries to run 'no', it means configure tested for
something and didn't find it, but the package failed to allow for
that outcome.  Since it is trying to pass what sounds like a perl
script to it, I surmise that you either failed to install perl, or
you did something wrong when installing perl (I used to be good at
leaving the old hard-coded perl version in my script across version
upgrades, perhaps you made a typo in installing it).

ĸen