Headers problems

Tijnema tijnema at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:23:19 PDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > >  Why ?  I've only built glibc-2.6 on ppc64, to see if it helped with
> > > the showstopper gcc-4.2 problems (it didn't), but I came across posts
> > > on diy-linux pointing to some problems, both with itself (maybe
> > > 2.6.1 will be released) and with its decision to include a version
> > > of futimens().
> >
> > I hate old versions :P I want to keep my system up to date, so when I
> > want to install a small app, i don't need to reinstall my complete
> > system because glibc is outdated :P
> >
>  If glibc suddenly provides a new feature, it will take time for
> applications to be altered to test for it and use it.  For
> bug-fixes, no doubt they are nice (if they work correctly), but I
> don't follow the toolchain lists so I've no idea what fixes have
> gone in, or if any of the bugs are likely to bite me.
>
>  As to your hardware problems, I can't think of anything else to
> suggest.  If it was mine, I'd eventually be tempted to start swapping
> things around (e.g. power supply) in case it helped (simply because a
> box that can't build gcc isn't very useful to me).
>
> ĸen

It can build GCC fine, I've builded a complete GCC package (Including
ada, fortran,...) lately, I just didn't run GCC testsuite completely,
but compiling and installing works fine, and gcc works fine now :)

I can swap psu of the thing, but that's it, I don't have replacement
parts for such old PC... I mean it's socket A with SD Ram...
Oh yeah, i can replace GFX card and LAN card etc, but would that
matter? I don't think so...

And how sure are you that it is a hardware problem, and not a software
problem? Maybe a specific number of simultaneous threads?

Tijnema