Chapter 6.9 - Glibc Make Install Errors

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Fri Jun 8 13:17:21 PDT 2007

When trying to install the Glibc headers in LFS there are numerous issues.  First, make -k check produces quite a few errors (I will post them all once I run the test again).  Most are nptl, which from what I have read are nothing to worry about.  I am using the LiveCD as the host.  Now down to the real problem:

I decided to continue when I read about not worrying about nptl, so the next step is to run:

make install

When this is run, it fails at the end with these messages:

make[2]: Entering directory '/build/gclibc-2.3.6/manual'
pwd='pwd'; \
no libm-err-tab.pl $pwd/.. > lib-err-tmp
/bin/sh: no: command not found <<-----------------I believe the problem is here!
make[2]: *** [stamp-libm-err] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/glibc-2.3.6/manual'
make[1]: *** [manual/subdir_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/glibc-2.3.6'
make: *** [install] Error 2
root:/build/glibc-build#

I have searched and cannot find a resolution.  I can't continue, obviously without working headers, so I could use some expert help.  Thanks in advance!

Jonathan R. Haws
Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu