Headers problems

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:46:14 PDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:46:11AM +0200, Tijnema wrote:
> > >
> > >  Dan thinks minor glibc version upgrades (2.3.5 to 2.3.6, maybe 2.6
> > > to 2.6.1) are ok.
> >
> > Minor upgrades are more or less bug fixes right? So I think Dan is right.
> >
>  In theory, yes they are bug fixes.  In practice, I wouldn't want to
> risk hosing a system.

To me, the big risk (and the reason I don't typically suggest
rebuilding glibc) is the installation. Done wrong, and you definitely
just broke everything. I trust Drepper and friends to make sane
releases in the same series. For instance, what if you'd built your
system midway through glibc-2.3.x? You wouldn't want the fixes in
2.3.6?

--
Dan