Checkout SVN soures without svn access

Subhash Chandra mr.subhash at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 20:06:27 PDT 2007

Hi all,

This something I whipped out inorder to use jhalfs. I'm behind a
college firewall without access to connections on any ports except
http{,s}. Had the svn had a http module, it would have been fine but
as such, I needed a way to get the sources without svn. This little
two liner does the magic for me.

wget -c -r -l4 -np -nH --cut-dirs 3 -Rname,date,size,1,txt
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/browser/trunk/BOOK
find -name '*?format=raw' | sed 's/?format=raw//' | xargs -i mv -v
\{\}{\?format\=raw,}

It uses trac to get the sources and I hope I'm not abusing the system.
the url in first line can be changed to get blfs or any other book I
suppose.

--
#

I don't know how much of what I say is true