GCC-Testing (6.2)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:35:58 PDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Robert Jakob <rj at robertjakob.de> wrote:
> Ken Moffat schrieb:
> > On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 10:19:18AM +0200, Robert Jakob wrote:
> >
> >> Running
> >> /sources/gcc-4.0.3/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/compile/compile.exp ...
> >> WARNING: program timed out.
> >> FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
> >> WARNING: program timed out.
> >> FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
> >> WARNING: program timed out.
> >> FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
> >> (test for excess errors)
> >> WARNING: program timed out.
> >> FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
> >> WARNING: program timed out.
> >> FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
> >>
> >> As test has not finished yet I cannot tell you more.
> >> I googled for this warnings and failures but could not find any suitable
> >> explanation.
> >>
> >> Is this error severe, what can I do?
> >>

> >  If you are running on i686, this number of failures in the torture
> > tests is probably unusual (I haven't used 4.0.3 in a long while and
> > don't have any 4.0.3 logs on the box I'm using).  But, it's called
> > c-torture because it works things hard.  If everything else looks
> > like the results linked from the book, maybe not a problem.
> >
> >  If you are running on i486 or i586 this might be perfectly normal -
> > hardly anybody builds and tests on those.
> >
> >  Is there anything odd in the system log from when the tests were
> > running (OOM, or unusual error messages) ?  If you aren't happy with
> > the results, try running memtest86+ for a few hours (if using x86).
> >
> >  Optimisation in the toolchain can also cause this - depends very
> > much on the particular toolchain versions and the hardware.
> >
> > ĸen
> >
> I am using a epia mini-itx board with Via Samuel Processor. Perhaps this
> is the reason for this errors.
> Nonetheless, I could not find any solutions for this failures. I went on
> building my lfs without any further mistakes till now.

Well, the errors are from timing out, so the test didn't completely
fail. I don't remember how to extend the timeout in that part of the
testsuite. I'd personally move on, though. If you're really curious,
you can run the tests again later and I'll go figure out what you have
to do to change the timeout period.

--
Dan