kernel panic after installation

shanmuga prakashvb ebsprakaash at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 11:53:05 PDT 2007

hai,
   first check that lfskernel-2.6.16.38 is having inside the /boot
directory. And also check the entries in the /etc/fstab file are
correct.  The root entry in /etc/fstab file and /etc/grub.conf file
should be same.
    For example,
       In  /etc/grub.conf file,
                title   LFS
                root   (hd1,1)
                Kernel /boot/lfs/kernel-2.6.16.38 root=/dev/hdb2
       In /etc/fstab file,
                /dev/hdb2     /     ext3    defaults 1 1

                              Thank u