Configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double)

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jul 15 06:28:23 PDT 2007

I  started a build of LFS-6.2 under a LFS-6.2 host.  I want to create a dual
boot system, one for a server and the second for a desktop system.  I have
the first (server system) complete and had started on the desktop build.  The
system only has a single LFS system on it presently.  The build has been
successful until Chapter 6.

At Chapter 6.9 Glibc-2.3.6 I get the following error when on the configuring
glibc step:
checking sizeof long double... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long
double), 77

I have searched the archive and google and according to those sources it is a
version problem or I am missing libc.so.6 in the /tools/lib directory.  I do
have libc.so.6 link to libc.2.3.6.so.

Does anyone have any more insight into this error?

Thanks