configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

Sean O'Reilly s.oreilly at linnovations.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 01:33:20 PDT 2007

Hi, hope someone can help me with this, I have searched round on google
and can't find an answer. I am using lfs version 6.2 on a fedora 6 host
machine. My installed version of gcc on host machine is 4.1.2-13.

When installing the first pass install of gcc on lfs partition i get the
following error when running ./configure.

"configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables."

I have compiled software from source on this machine on many occasions
without problems. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Regards

Sean