Help! in chapter 6.60 LFS 6.2

Alberto Castillo proyecto.edulin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:56:45 PDT 2007

Hi List!
I write from Argentina! and this is my first time when I write to you!

I have a question:
In chapter  6.60 of LFS 6.2 'Cleaning' the book tell me if I logout when,
when I next login, I will mount virtual files when explain in chapter 6.2.2and
6.2.3 before to re-enter to chroot environment.

OK

But... I can't mount 'pts' and 'shm', the system tell me that no exist this
directorys....

What happens?
My system: ubuntu 6.10 in a IBM ThinkCentre with his Hardware for default.
I follow step by step the book and NEVER! I had a problem!
I write to this list messing to all you because I not a expert for nothing!
I had learn every day! I my acknoweldges still are a few only...
Sorry for my BAD English!
Greetings from ARGENTINA!

Alberto