/proc/acpi/thermal_zone is empty?

Wit WitlessIdiot at triad.rr.com
Sat Jul 7 10:58:51 PDT 2007

Tijnema wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the thread about the missing headers i've found out that my
> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone is empty, while there should be information
> about the temp of my CPU...
> I've ACPI enabled in my BIOS, and i've compiled all ACPI stuff in my
> kernel, but it still remains empty..
> What can I do to solve the problem??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tijnema

Well, sorry for the long delay. I finally got the time and inclination
at the same moment (July 4 holiday her in the U.S.) to pursue this for us.

When I rebooted my LFS, I also had no acpi/thermal entry. I had begun to
suspect that would be the case.

Anyway, got that all right now and have attached a diff of my original
.config and the new one. You will see some settings changed that have no
effect - they should be obvious. Several are directly for my hardware
and others for learning more about suspend, etc.

I have also attached a directory listing of /proc/acpi.

If you have not yet discarded your old system, maybe some useful
information that will help maintain its usefulness can still be garnered.

HTH
--
Wit