Problem "make install" of Glibc-2.5

LolliPOPsystem at web.de LolliPOPsystem at web.de
Sun Jul 1 07:31:32 PDT 2007

Hello all together!

I worked through all chapters to Chap. 6.9 three times now, but allways got
this Error message:

CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl scripts/test-installation.pl /sources/glibc-build/
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at scripts/test-installation.pl
line 162, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at scripts/test-installation.pl
line 163, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at scripts/test-installation.pl line
163, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at scripts/test-installation.pl line
163, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at scripts/test-installation.pl line
163, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at scripts/test-installation.pl line
163, <LDD> line 21.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at scripts/test-installation.pl line
163, <LDD> line 22.
Library libgcc_s is not correctly installed.
Please check your installation!
Offending line of ldd output:   libgcc_s.so.1 => /tools/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
(0x40343000)

The script has found some problems with your installation!
[...]
primary library!
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/glibc-2.5'

Normally, this error should be avoided by this command before:

sed -i 's|libs -o|libs -L/usr/lib -Wl,-dynamic-linker=/lib/ld-linux.so.2 -o|'
scripts/test-installation.pl

I copy&pasted it into my terminal, so syntax errors can't be the solution.
There must be something wrong with sed or perl, but I don't have a clue how to
handle these progs.

Somebody able to help me? Please excuse my bad English...

Thanks a lot!